Thursday 8 January 2015

Study Task 03 - Logo Requirements

My client (Nomad) will need a logo which is memorable, reproducible and that stands out both on web and on the high street. Due to how many restaurants there are nowadays, it is important for the imagery to be very unique, whilst having type that is readable and that has impact. I'm going to begin with designing in black and white, because it will need to work in that regardless. After I have that done I will experiment with appropriate colours, however black and white may be suitable. I need a typeface which projects the idea of nature and handcraft. It also needs to be as readable as possible but mustn't be reminiscent of a typeface found in an office scenario etc as a restaurant is a getaway from normal life. Reproducibility is massively important, especially for a restaurant where the logo will be on menus, possibly on crockery, uniforms, signage etc. a simple line drawing logo would be best as it would be reproducible in practically any media.
My clients logo needs to attract customers who are into healthy eating and conserving the environment. This means that a logo which is based around nature rather than food and cuisine may be more appropriate. Perhaps more important than this though is what my audience is, and what they see when they see the logo. They will need to immediately notice that my logo is representing a restaurant, as well as a place where the food is natural/organic, as well as supporting conservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment