Wednesday 7 January 2015

Inspirational Web Design

This new design for IMDB I love for it's simplicity and intelligent use of type. As this website also uses many intensely coloured images, it uses just one colour plus black which keeps the website clean and as minimal as possible. The mix of bold visible type for the captions then more delicate but still very readable type for body is beautiful, and the layout of the imagery using multiple sizes is very interesting.

Another site which uses a geometric layout, I really like the simplicity of this site. It's so user friendly and instantly gives you the information you need, which would be very important to a user of my site as most of the time I think it would be accessed by a mobile device. The perfect squared grid would be super easy to make responsive and would work over a wide variety of devices, which I would like my site to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment