Sunday 9 February 2014

Secret 7

I started out by choosing which song to design for. After reading the lyrics of each song, listening to the track and looking at imagery for each band, I decided to choose Team by Lorde.


Although I was pretty set on Team by Lorde, I still produced a handful of designs for the other songs incase I came across a design which had lots of substance.Above are two designs, one for Elbow and one for Lorde. The design for Elbow depicts a child wearing an adult sized suit in a dingy bar, with a cigarette and a glass of scotch. This imagery was thought of after watching the music video, and analyzing the lyrics.
The Lorde design is of a lipstick mark, with the skyline of Auckland (Lorde's home city) as the cracks. Her lips/lipstick is iconic, and the song is a tribute to her homeland, which is why I combined these two images.

Here I also designed for 2 different songs, Age of Reason - Black Sabbath, and another for Team - Lorde.
The Black Sabbath cover depicts a homeless man in an alley who is made of cash. This is based on lyrics like 'We should judge each other for ourselves not what we're worth.'
The 2nd Lorde design is of a double exposure of a woman and a castle/palace, based on the lyrics 'Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams'.




















No comments:

Post a Comment