Thursday 21 May 2015

DESIGN BOARDS COVERED







foil became damaged over time whilst attempting the foiling.
The wrong glue damaged my prints as you can see on the white one.

The tone of voice for the books is very serious and scathing, so I wanted the book cover to match that. I would not use colour due to the possible connotations of each colour. The connotations of black and white representing death, power, elegance are suitable. I used a line to signify oil diminishing and prices rising. the text is isolated like people are.

I screenprinted the text onto matte black paper. I then attempted the foiling of the oil section. This went poorly as I was sold the wrong glue, damaging all of my screenprints. At this point I had cleaned the screen of it's emulsion. I decided to foil press an entire a4 and then place a screenprint ontop, This was nowhere near the quality I wanted but in the short time I had it was the best I could do unfortunately. I believe that had my work printed and foiled correctly it would have looked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment