Wednesday 22 January 2014

After group crits, I decided that I disliked my designs, and reverted back to looking into the Shammy cloth idea that I had earlier on. I thought the idea was solid but would be difficult to make look good. After talking to friends and writing down what i would want to come with a photoframe (imagining there was no filling image), I thought a cleaning cloth would be ideal. It is the only thing that would have any effect on me buying the item, so I decided to keep my design minimal, with easily readable text.

Starting with a leather texture, i added an old fashioned English pattern, and made it barely visible. I did this just to make the cloth a little less boring; a decision i regretted and later removed.

I used Helvetica Bold as my typeface after talking about it with friends. We decided that it was the most legible and basic which matches what i wanted, but also matched the Clas Ohlson logo. I made the logo quite large so that every time the cloth is used, it is noticed. I changed the types blending mode to colour burn to imitate ink being printed onto leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment