Friday 6 May 2016

Chip Shop Awards?

I was unsure whether or not to submit to the Chip Shop Awards. The work i spend time creating wouldn't be able to go in my portfolio for fear of offending possible employers, and the entry fee was £50 per design which is extortionate.

That being said I did produce a piece of work for 'Ad most likely to get Chip Shop Awards in trouble'.


I knew that I wanted to create a piece of work satirising a mainstream news/media item that I believed to not be newsworthy. Celebrity culture is certainly the main aspect of this.

Possible Topics

50 Cents financial woes
Caitlyn Jenner
Kardashians
99% of 'news' stories in the Daily Mail
1Direction


original


final




Using two things currently in mainstream media, the new X-men film, and Caitlyn Jenner. I felt that the public takes Caitlyn Jenner and all celebrity culture too seriously, so wanted to make light of a controversial celebrity situation. 

I used photoshop to replace her face, tweaking the lighting and perspective to make it look right. The E in 'Ex' needed to be remade because of the shadow not being correct when simply copying the E from 'Men'.



No comments:

Post a Comment